We hope you got the chance to explore the beta access to our completely new and improved Reputation.com user interface, which was rolled out last month. We will be migrating all users to the new user interface in the evening on June 2nd, 2016. The new version is packed with enhancements around dashboard, reviews, social media, widgets and reports. It’s designed with user adoption, security, responsiveness, performance and development speed in mind.
Some of our brand new features include:
- Dashboard Insights: We created the new dashboard design with simple goals in mind: to enable managers to more effectively understand how their business is perceived online, and to take action! Improvements include:
- Reporting tiles: brief summary of your business’ online Ratings & Reviews, Business Listings, Social Media, and Reputation Score.
- Actionable “plain English” insights on how to improve your business’s Reputation Score.
- Reviews: Take the guesswork out of responding to reviews with our new “Macros” functionality! This feature allows you to create and save custom review response templates and control the messages that are shared out on various review sites.
- Social Media: Rebuilt from the ground up, the new Content Library allows social media marketers and location managers to effortlessly source, tag, and manage social content through a library of ready-to-publish custom content pieces pertinent to their industry and followers.
- Widgets: Set your business apart from the competition and ensure that site visitors see your ratings and reviews from selected sources, without leaving your site.
- Reports: Our powerful reporting feature provides a comprehensive view of the health of your business’s overall online reputation and helps you make informed decisions.
This is the first of many exciting updates to the Reputation.com platform. We will be adding more new features in the coming weeks and months.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: pages.reputation.com